29 June 2013

Fiction Friday, Part 2 :: "Unexpected"

Note :: This story was originally written on 31 October 2010.  It's another bit of character and world development for Laikhostra.  This time, we get a bit more on Kerai's mate, Zandra, and the relationship they share.




"Have you lost your senses?"

Still shivering despite the fact that I've been pulled into the warm and cozy kitchen, I can do little more than shrug my shoulders.  Huffing in disgust, Kerai grips my hand tightly and leads the way toward the bath house in silence.  Thankfully, Ferret is gadding about, doing whatever it is she does when she's not at home.  I'm not in the mood to deal with her right now, but I can certainly hope that she has enough sense in that thick head of hers to seek shelter from this awful, sudden downpour.

Once the water is started, Kerai turns to study me for a moment.  The look in her light brown eyes is mesmerizing, a maelstrom of tempestuous clouds heralding an approaching storm.  With another sigh, she moves closer and begins to remove armor and clothing, one piece at a time.  As each layer is stripped from my body, I can feel the chill even more until I am standing naked before her.

"Get yourself into the tub, Zandra,"  she murmurs softly, stroking my Soulstone.  "I've no desire to play nursemaid if you should find yourself ill.  You're a dreadful patient."

No comments:

Post a Comment