03 July 2013

What's Up Wednesday for 3 July 2013



It's What's Up Wednesday again!

First, an update on my goals from last week.  I managed to accomplish four of my ten goals from last week.  Between the awful heat causing mini-migraines and the BFF stress, a lot of my concentration and productivity was utterly shot.
  • Final word count was 7125 words
  • Went through my "possible submission options" folder and did a major cleaning.  I even have a couple of options to work on for submissions now.
  • Got my Ons/Offs posted & updated my profile over at Elliquiy
  • Posted two sneak peek ficlets for Laikhostra.  A day late, but got them posted.


What I'm Reading
Nope, haven't progressed beyond these same three books. I need to be fixing that ASAP, if only because  two of those books are due early next week [along with like 6 others that I haven't touched yet].  I'll have to see if reading gets done this week or if I have to renew them again.

What I'm Writing
Other than the RP that is going pretty swimmingly again, after a bit of a dry spell due to the aforementioned stress and heat, my writing's been pretty slim again this week.  But we seem to be in a lull week, so let's see if we can get it going again, yes?



  • Word count goal: 7000 words of fiction and/or RP [which is background for a fannish story I'm working on]
  • Work through my chosen "possible submissions" options this week.
  • Post at least once to the Elliquiy SL I joined. Possibly join another.
  • Pull out the Laikhostra story files & start looking at where I need to go next
  • Get another 1000 words minimum written on fannish project #1 [code name: Help Me]
  • Get a basic outline and a minimum of 1000 words written on fannish project #2 [code name: Transformation]
  • Edit and post the next chapter of fannish project #3 [code name: Epic]
  • Post ficlet/sneak peek from Laikhostra on Friday Fiction day.
  • Start outlining the nonfic project, so I know what to look for as I do a series rewatch for research [code name: OUaT Meta]
    Note: I need to do a separate post about this project, so that I can get a bit of feedback on where I'm considering going with it, as I really want this project to soar.
  • Work with my partner on the mutual writing/podfic project we're assigned to, as 1000 words of poetry make take some time to get written. [code name: Podfic Poetry]
Once again, it's a lot of goals, but it's not inconceivable for me to accomplish them all, particularly if the weather and stress cooperate with me.

What Else I've Been Up To
Got the package sent off for my nephew-to-be last Friday. My brother & SIL received the package on Monday, but I don't think they got a chance to open it yet as SIL was induced for delivery yesterday. As of right now, my nephew hasn't yet made his appearance, but it should be any time now. I'm all kinds of distracted at the moment as I want to hear that he's been born.

I'm doing more crocheting for said nephew-to-be, as well as for my BFF.  I'm also working on some art journaling and ATCs for a few exchanges I've signed up for.  Am hoping to make my gramma's chili soup this week in honor of the nephew-to-be's arrival.

What Inspires Me Right Now
Life.  I'll be straight up honest and say that my entire existence right now is for my nephew-to-be to get here.  The whole idea of renewal and birth is really hitting me hard right now, so that's probably going to be influencing all of my creativity this week.

What’s up with you today?

6 comments:

  1. Ick, migraines. Hope they stay gone!

    God luck with all your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get weather-induced migraines, among other triggers. I'm mostly resigned to it. It's just been a crazy week.

      Delete
  2. Well, I think 7000 words is AWESOME. Good luck with your goals this week! I hope the migraines and stress stay far away and you can get a lot accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word count's going slowly this week so far, but I'm sure I can get it going again.

      And *knocks on wood* the migraines are staying mostly away so far.

      Delete
  3. Wow - that's a lot of writing for one week! Good for you and good luck with your goals! Also, good luck with your reading - I always have to choose which books to read based on which are due soonest and whether or not they are renewable.

    I hope all is well with your SIL and your new nephew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've done that much in a day in some of my writing jags, which is why I know it's possible to do it in a week.

      As for the books, I checked them all out at the same time. LOL!

      Delete