29 June 2013

Fiction Friday, Part 1 :: "Precision"

Posting a day late again, but it's still within 24 hours, so I say it's still good. :)


Note :: This story was originally written on 31 October 2010.  It's another bit of character and world development for Laikhostra.  This time, we get a bit of an introduction to Kerai's mate, Zandra, and the relationship they share.





Fingers move with precision, mapping the length of her body, searching for any signs of weakness. 

The motions are automatic, as when I work to find the flaws in my weaponry and armor.  A light touch is required; too much pressure can potentially break the material, and yet, too light a touch will completely miss something important.

But it's different now.  My beloved mate is not some chunk of metal to stress until it fractures into a million little shards.  She's had enough fracturing in her life. 

Her delighted laughter as she squirms from my touch is my greatest treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment