31 January 2014

Poem :: "It was a strange day"

So Day 5 of the 12-Day Plan of Simple Writing Exercises is as follows ::

Write a 20-line poem about a memorable moment in your life.

I actually chose to do this poem to help flesh out a new original character, based on something similar that happened in my own life.


"It was a strange day"

It was a strange day.
The day I lost all hope left.
No one understood,
Nor have they even tried since.
My whole world came crashing down.

Sometimes, it feels right,
This "out of touch with life" thing.
Like I am at peace.
Who in the hell feels like that
When their entire world dies?

She was the best part
Of being alive and all.
She made me feel loved.
Now she's gone and I'm alone,
Left with nothing but regrets.

Sometimes I feel her.
Usually it's a scent,
A touch, a soft laugh.
Fleeting and ephemeral,
Never to be real again.



No comments:

Post a Comment