01 May 2014

30 Days About Me - Day 1: Introduction and recent photo

Day 1 :: Introduction and recent photo





This would be me three years ago with our youngest cat, Elphie.  Trust me when I say that the only real difference in how I look now is that I'm a little fluffier and a little greyer at the temples.  Otherwise?  I'm the same me I was back in 2011.

My name is A. Sadie Timm, but you can call me Sadie.  That's the name I've chosen to use for my professional writing for a number of reasons that involve my family and the pull of my spirituality and my patron deities.

I'm 44 years old and am a transplanted Washingtonian of twelve years in September.  I currently live within a mile of one of the inlets in Puget Sound and love being so close to the water.  I take frequent trips to the coast to go clamming and/or crabbing during the year, depending on how the clamming season is going mainly.  I also crab and harvest oysters locally.

I live with BD, my queerplatonic partner of thirteen years; Otter, our housemate that's basically family; and our four furkids: Leo, Stasia, Gabe, and Elphie.  We have a backyard that is utterly overtaken by blackberry brambles, but also has some lovely fruit trees and bushes, if we could get to them.  But the local birds and wildlife love that our backyard is as wild as it is.

My first real memory of writing anything was when I was around 7 years old or so.  I've never looked back since.  I write fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and more than a little fanfiction under another pseudonym.  There's not a day that goes by when I'm not writing something.  If, for some reason, I do end up skipping a day [or more], I actually feel the withdrawal effects and they aren't pretty.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about me that won't be covered in this little meme project, please feel free to let me know.


Project Master Post

No comments:

Post a Comment