11 May 2012

PBP :: D is for Divination

I love working with the various forms of divination that I've had a chance to sample in the past.  Divination's always held a special allure for me, all the way back to childhood when I'd find images in the flames and the clouds.

I've dabbled in tarot, runes, and multiple forms of scrying: pendulums, fire/flames, water, clouds.  I've got a bit of a talent for psychometry, but it's quite erratic and fleeting.  And I like doing animal divination.  Usually this means that I keep track of the animals I see when I'm on a trip of any kind and work to figure out what message they're trying to send me by letting me see them.  This is also a bit rusty, as I've only really started to work more regularly and diligently on this in the last year or so.

I've done the most work with tarot, runes, and scrying pendulums over the years.  Well, the most reliable work.  Tarot and oracular cards are probably the one form of divination that I'm the best at, simply because of the sheer amount of work I've put into doing it.  The runes come in a close second.  There was a time that they might have been number one, but the cards have proven to be easier to travel with, hence the shift in position.

Scrying pendulums and I have an interesting relationship.  Whenever I got into a shop that has any scrying pendulums, they immediately begin to sway and talk to me, and it gets stronger the closer I get to them.  If I touch one, it comes home with me, without fail.  That's how I initiated the "hands in the pockets" rule whenever I'm near pendulums.  The spirits in the pendulums tend to like my energy and want me around them a lot.

I once had a pendulum with two spirits in it.  Well, one was the primary spirit in the pendulum, the other hitched along for a ride and some protection from me.  When that spirit finally found her peace, she moved on.  Interestingly enough, around the same time, the actual spirit of said pendulum let me know that it was time to part ways with me.

Another pendulum I had was psychically snapped in half one night.  There were extenuating circumstances that brought about a not-so-good flashback and, from ten feet away, I managed to snap a 1/2" thick fluorite pendulum in half.  This was a year or so before the pendulum with the two spirits, but it also began a strange relationship with fluorite for me.

In the future, I want to look into ceromancy, which is divination through dripping hot wax into water.  I think it'll be quite interesting to research that and see if I have any sort of proficiency in it.  Eventually I'd also like to try dowsing and possibly look into the whole concept of aura reading and reiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment